Basic Biographical Details

Name: John Reginald Naylor
Designation: Architect
Born: 1854
Died: 1923
Bio Notes: John Reginald Naylor was born in 1854 and commenced independent practice in Derby in 1878. In that year he took on George Hansom Sale as an improver, Sale remaining in the practice thereafter and being taken into partnership in 1887.

Naylor died in 1923.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architect:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 350, Friargate, Derby, Derbyshire, EnglandBusiness1881 *  
Item 2 of 3Old Bank Chambers, Irongate, Derby, Derbyshire, EnglandBusiness1907 *  
Item 3 of 3Smith's Bank Chambers, Market Place, Derby, Derbyshire, EnglandBusiness1914 *  

* earliest date known from documented sources.


Employment and Training

Employers

The following individuals or organisations employed or trained this architect (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 2(Sir) George Gilbert Scott18761877Improver 
Item 2 of 2Naylor & Sale18871923Partner 

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architect (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 2George Hanson Sale1878c. 1880(?)Improver 
Item 2 of 2George Hanson Salec. 1880(?)1887Assistant 

Buildings and Designs

This architect was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 21910The Picture House  GlasgowScotland 
Item 2 of 21912The Picture House  GlasgowScotlandRebuilt and reopened

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this architect:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Builder16 February 1923  Obituary

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this architect:
 SourceArchive NameSource Catalogue No.Notes
Item 1 of 1RIBA Archive, Victoria & Albert MuseumRIBA Nomination Papers F v12 p71