Basic Biographical Details

Name: Reid & McRobbie
Designation: Architectural practice
Started:  
Ended:  
Bio Notes: William A McRobbie was an architect and surveyor who worked in Freserburgh from about 1900. He took over the practice of William Reid after the latter's early death in 1906 as Reid & McRobbie. He may be the land surveyor who was born in 1881. If so he was in Aberdeen in 1901.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 2Aberdeenshire, Scotland(?)Business   
Item 2 of 2Saltoun Chambers, Seaforth Street, Aberdeenshire, ScotlandBusinessAfter 1906 *  

* earliest date known from documented sources.


Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 2Francis G Cowie Before 1909Apprentice 
Item 2 of 2William A McRobbie1906 Partner 

Buildings and Designs

This architectural practice was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 5After 1902Villas, King Edward Street, Alexandra Terrace and Strichen RoadFraserburgh AberdeenshireScotlandMany villas in this area
Item 2 of 51906Fraserburgh Town Hall and police officeFraserburgh AberdeenshireScotlandExtension for police office
Item 3 of 5March 1906Fraserburgh Infectious Diseases HospitalFraserburgh AberdeenshireScotlandBeing completed by this practice
Item 4 of 51907Post OfficeFraserburgh AberdeenshireScotland'Buildings of Scotland' states building designed by this practice.
Item 5 of 51909Templar Hall, StrichenStrichen AberdeenshireScotlandUncertain

References

Periodical References

The following periodicals contain references to this architectural practice:
 Periodical NameDateEditionPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Aberdeen Journal1 February 1906