Basic Biographical Details

Name: Hadfield & Goldie
Designation: Architectural practice
Started: 1858
Ended: 1860
Bio Notes: Matthew Ellison Hadfield and John Gray Weightman worked together in Sheffield from 1834 onwards, and were in formal partnership by 1838. On completion of his apprenticeship with the firm in 1850 or 1851, George Goldie was taken into partnership. Weightman practised alone from 1858, Hadfield and Goldie continuing in partnership in Sheffield and London for a further two years.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 3Sheffield, Yorkshire, EnglandBusiness   
Item 2 of 3London, EnglandBusiness   
Item 3 of 344 Parliament Street, London, EnglandBusiness1860 *  

* earliest date known from documented sources.


Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 3George Goldie18581860Partner 
Item 2 of 3Matthew Ellison Hadfield18581860Partner 
Item 3 of 3Charles Hadfield1858c. 1860(?)Apprentice 

Buildings and Designs

This architectural practice was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 11859St Mary's RC SchoolLanark LanarkshireScotland 

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this architectural practice:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Graves, Algernon1905The Royal Academy of Arts: a complete dictionary of exhibitors and their works…1905-6London: Graves and Bell1860, no 656