Basic Biographical Details

Name: Burn & Anderson
Designation: Architectural practice
Started: 1868
Ended: 1870
Bio Notes: In or about 1868 William Burn took John Macvicar Anderson into partnership, the event probably being marked by the latter's elevation to FRIBA on 14 December of that year. Anderson was the nephew of Burn's wife Eliza Macvicar and had completed his articles in Burn's office, later becoming assistant. He took over the practice and Burn's house at 6 Stratton Street Piccadilly when Burn died on 15 February 1870.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 1London, EnglandBusiness   

Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 2John Macvicar Anderson18681870Partner 
Item 2 of 2William Burn18681870Partner 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.