Basic Biographical Details

Name: Murphy & Walker Todd
Designation: Architectural practice
Started: Early 1914
Ended: Mid 1914
Bio Notes: Just prior to his death on 15 June 1914 Bailey Scott Murphy practised in association with William James Walker Todd who had commenced practice early in 1909; it is unclear whether a formal partnership existed. After Murphy's death Todd formed a short-lived partnership with Sydney Houghton Miller, which closed during the First World War and was then merged with John More Dick Peddie's practice on 1 January 1920, the records of Murphy & Kinross's practice thus becoming part of the Dick Peddie & McKay archive.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 1Edinburgh, ScotlandBusiness   

Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 3William Shaw Cruickshankc. May 1911c. September 1911Apprentice(?) 
Item 2 of 3Bailey Scott MurphyEarly 19141914Partner 
Item 3 of 3William James Walker ToddEarly 1914Early 1914Partner 

Buildings and Designs

This architectural practice was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 11914House at HailesHailes EdinburghScotland 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.