Basic Biographical Details

Name: Kirkcaldy Burgh Surveyor's Office
Designation: Architectural practice
Started:  
Ended:  
Bio Notes:  

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 1Kirkcaldy, Fife, ScotlandBusiness   

Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 4James Law LumsdenBefore 1901 *After 1907SurveyorBurgh Surveyor
Item 2 of 4George DuffusBefore 1926After 1938 Burgh Engineer and Surveyor
Item 3 of 4Robert BlythJanuary 1931 Assistantunder George Duffus, Burgh Engineer and Surveyor
Item 4 of 4Thomas Whytock Reid1 December 19371 February 1939Chief Assistant 

* earliest date known from documented sources.


Buildings and Designs

This architectural practice was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 21914Fire Station, Cowan StreetKirkcaldy FifeScotland 
Item 2 of 21944Twenty houses, Hayfield EastKirkcaldy FifeScotland 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.