Basic Biographical Details

Name: Leith Town Architect's Office (or Leith Burgh Architect's Office)
Designation: Architectural practice
Started:  
Ended: November 1920
Bio Notes: The post of Burgh or Town Architect and Assessor in Leith was abolished when that burgh was incorporated into the City of Edinburgh in November 1920.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 1Leith, Edinburgh, ScotlandBusiness   

Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 5James SimpsonAfter 18671894Chief Architect 
Item 2 of 5George Simpson18941920Chief Architect 
Item 3 of 5John Wright Ford14 March 19081913ApprenticeWorking under George Simpson, Burgh Architect
Item 4 of 5John Wright Ford1913November 1920AssistantWorking under George Simpson, Burgh Architect
Item 5 of 5Alexander BlackSeptember 1919April 1920Draughtsman(?)Working under George Simpson, Burgh Architect and Assessor

Buildings and Designs

This architectural practice was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 1Before 1919State-aided housing schemesLeith EdinburghScotland 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.