Basic Biographical Details
|Name: ||Mears & Carus-Wilson |
|Designation: ||Architectural practice |
|Started: ||c. 1928 |
|Ended: ||1934 |
|Bio Notes: ||About 1928 Frank Charles Mears took into partnership Charles Denny Carus-Wilson, born 1886, who came from Sevenoaks. Carus-Wilson had studied at the Architectural Association Schools 1904-05 before being articled to John Belcher in 1906-08; he travelled in Norway and Sweden and passed the qualifying exam in 1909, being admitted ARIBA on 29 November of the same year. His proposers were Belcher, William Howard Seth Smith and Hugh Patrick Guarin Maule, all of London. Like Mears, Carus-Wilson taught at Edinburgh College of Art. His partnership with Mears, based in an office at 3 Forres Street, Edinburgh, was dissolved in 1934 when the practice became simply F C Mears, architect, and moved to 44 Queen Street in 1935. |
Private and Business Addresses
|The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:|
| ||Address||Type||Date from||Date to||Notes|
|3, Forres Street, Edinburgh, Scotland||Business||c. 1928||1934|| |
Employment and Training
Employees or Pupils
* earliest date known from documented sources.
Buildings and Designs
Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.