Basic Biographical Details

Name: Murray & Morrison
Designation: Architectural practice
Started: 1898
Ended: 1905
Bio Notes: John Lamb Murray was a minor landed gentleman who practised from Heavyside, Biggar from at least the 1880s. In 1886 he took on Latto Alexander Morrison (born in 1870) as an apprentice. Morrison remained as an assistant until 1898 when he was taken into partnership. When Murray retired in 1905, Morrison became sole partner, continuing the practice under his own name. He was admitted LRIBA in the mass intake of 20 July 1911, proposed by John Bennie Wilson and the Glasgow Institute of Architects, which Morrison had joined that year. He was then living and working at Murrayfield, Biggar, and by that date he had travelled in Germany, Holland, Belgium and France. Subsequently he took into partnership James J Shannon who continued the practice until the 1970s.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 1Biggar, Lanarkshire, ScotlandBusiness18981905 

Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 2John Lamb Murray18981905Partner 
Item 2 of 2Latto Alexander Morrison18981905Partner 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.