Basic Biographical Details

Name: David Jamieson
Designation: Architect
Born:  
Died:  
Bio Notes: David Jamieson was an assistant, and probably a prospective partner, in the office of John Dick Peddie in 1850-51. Very unusually he was allowed to sign drawings: Tor House, Murrayfield in September 1850 and the United Prsebyterian Church at Montrose and West Linton Schoolhouse in March-April 1851. No home address or subsequent employment is traceable.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architect:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 15, Pitt Street, Edinburgh, ScotlandPrivate/businessc. 1851c. 1852 

Employment and Training

Employers

The following individuals or organisations employed or trained this architect (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 1John Dick Peddiec. 1850 * Assistant 

* earliest date known from documented sources.


Buildings and Designs

This architect was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 31851Design for a place of public amusementCalton Hill EdinburghScotland 
Item 2 of 31851Montrose UP ChurchMontrose AngusScotlandAs assistant to Peddie
Item 3 of 31852Design for National Gallery  LondonEngland 

References

Bibliographic References

The following books contain references to this architect:
 Author(s)DateTitlePartPublisherNotes
Item 1 of 1Walker, David W2002Peddie and Kinnear Unpublished PhD thesis, University of St Andrews, 2002p40

Archive References

The following archives hold material relating to this architect:
 SourceArchive NameSource Catalogue No.Notes
Item 1 of 1National Monuments Record of Scotland/NMRS, RCAHMSDick Peddie and McKay Collection