Basic Biographical Details

Name: Hector & Walker
Designation: Architectural practice
Started: 1913
Ended: 1915
Bio Notes: John Black Hector was born on 12 June 1879 and was articled to William Kelly of W & J Smith & Kelly in Aberdeen fron 1896 to 1902. In the latter year he moved to London to work for Thomas Ballantine, a Bournemouth-trained Scot who had worked for J J Stevenson. Thereafter he worked in the offices of Hall Jones & Cummings and George Thomas Hine until he obtained a post with the LCC Architects Department in 1904. He remained there until 1913 when he set up practice in partnership with Frederick Arthur Walker, who was in the LCC schools division. The partnership was dissolved in 1915 when Walker enlisted in the Royal Engineers.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architectural practice:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 1London, EnglandBusiness   

Employment and Training

Employees or Pupils

The following individuals were employed or trained by this architectural practice (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 2John Black Hector19131915Partner 
Item 2 of 2Frederick Arthur Walker19131915Partner 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architectural practice. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.