Basic Biographical Details

Name: Edward Habershon
Designation: Architect
Born:  
Died: 1901
Bio Notes: Edward Habershon was articled to his father, Matthew Habershon, and admitted ARIBA on 9 February 1852 and FRIBA on 5 November 1860. He and his brother William Gilbee Habershon inherited the practice after their father's death in London on 5 July 1852.

Following the dissolution of the family practice in 1863, Edward Habershon went into partnership with Henry Spalding, who had been born in 1838 or 1839 and articled to the Habershons in 1857. In 1865 they made their managing clerk Edgar Philip Loftus Brock a partner. Brock had been born in 1833, articled to the original E & W G Habershon practice in 1857, and had studied at the RA Schools where he won the Silver Medal. Spalding, who was admitted ARIBA on 17 March 1873, subsequently left to form a partnership with Patrick Auld and Alfred William Stephen Cross, and on Edward Habershon's retirement in 1879 Brock became sole partner and was belatedly admitted FRIBA on 20 March 1882, his proposers being Edward Habershon, Arthur Cates and Professor T Hayter Lewis. Edward Habershon died in 1901; William Gilbee Habershon on 12 August 1891; Brock in 1895; and Spalding on 25 June 1910.

Private and Business Addresses

The following private or business addresses are associated with this architect:
 AddressTypeDate fromDate toNotes
Item 1 of 1London, EnglandBusiness   

Employment and Training

Employers

The following individuals or organisations employed or trained this architect (click on an item to view details):
 NameDate fromDate toPositionNotes
Item 1 of 4Matthew Habershon  Apprentice 
Item 2 of 4E & W G Habershon18521863Partner 
Item 3 of 4Habershon & SpaldingAfter 18631865Partner 
Item 4 of 4Habershon, Spalding & Brock18651879Partner 

Buildings and Designs

This architect was involved with the following buildings or structures from the date specified (click on an item to view details):
 Date startedBuilding nameTown, district or villageIslandCity or countyCountryNotes
Item 1 of 41858Duncrub House ChapelDunning PerthshireScotland 
Item 2 of 41860 or 1862Dunning ManseDunning PerthshireScotland 
Item 3 of 41861Duncrub HouseDunning PerthshireScotlandReplacing William Burn House
Item 4 of 41865Temperance HotelLangholm DumfriesshireScotland 

References

Currently, there are no references for this architect. The information has been derived from: the British Architectural Library / RIBA Directory of British Architects 1834-1914; Post Office Directories; and/or any sources listed under this individual's works.